The Terms and Conditions for GenStat and ASReml Discovery are detailed below.
Please review these carefully to check you qualify BEFORE requesting the product.
Please note: Sadly we have had instances of misuse of our free software in the past and we now confirm the eligibility of all requests prior to offering the download. We are currently experiencing a high demand for the free software – registrations are taking up to 14 days. Please be patient and be advised you do not need to send multiple emails asking if your registration has been processed.
For legal use of the software, the following terms and conditions apply. Please read the terms and conditions carefully as you must agree to these before running the software or registering your use. Important: you can only request a licence key via the online process. We do not support requests for licence keys via email, fax, mail or telephone.
1. Discovery Edition Software is supplied free of charge to users in government or educational organisations. It is not covered by any express or implied guarantees of operability or suitability for purpose, nor do the authors and/or VSN International Ltd (‘VSNi’) accept any liability for any loss or damage however arising that may be caused to your data, computing system, other assets or operations. Use of the Discovery Edition Software by international research centres, internationally funded programmes and commercial use by any organisation is strictly prohibited.
2. Discovery Edition Software may only be used in a qualifying country as per the list below:
Afghanistan Algeria Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Armenia Bangladesh Barbados Belize Benin Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Botswana Bouvet Island Burkina Faso Burma Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of Cook Islands Cote D'Ivoire Cuba Djibouti Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Ethiopia Fiji Gabon Gambia, The Ghana Grenada Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Honduras Iraq Jamaica Kenya Kiribati Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyzstan) Laos Lesotho Liberia Libya Madagascar Malawi Maldives Mali Marshall Islands Mauritania Mayotte Micronesia Monserrat Morocco Mozambique Namibia Nauru Nepal Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Palau Papua New Guinea Paraguay Rwanda Saint Helena Saint Kitts & Nevis Anguilla Saint Lucia Saint Vincent & Grenadines Samoa Sao Tome and Principe Senegal Sierra Leone Solomon Islands Somalia South Sudan
Sudan Suriname Swaziland Tanzania Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna Islands West Bank and Gaza Yemen, Rep. Zambia Zimbabwe
3. You agree to participate in any on-line surveys, email or telephone conferences or other comparable exercises organised by and at the cost of VSNi for collection of feedback based upon your usage and experiences using the Discovery Edition Software.
4. Users of the Discovery Edition Software must not pass their license code to ANY other individual or institution. Instead they should invite new users to contact us.
5. You agree to allow VSNi to use your name, organisation name and feedback in VSNi publicity materials as they see fit. No other personal details or addresses will be released to third parties.
6. You must destroy all copies in your possession of the Discovery Edition upon the termination of your participation in the Discovery Edition programme.
7. You agree to allow VSNi to send you information about additional products and services.
8. Discovery Edition Software is a free resource developed and distributed by VSNi to enable researchers and educators in specific eligible countries (listed above) based in the developing world to access commercial level statistics and data analysis software. VSNi does not make any revenues from the Discovery Edition Software and is therefore unable to offer technical support and maintenance.
9. The Discovery version of ASReml will only be provided in the following the implementation(s):